Poultry farming in Brazil stands out in the animal protein complex because it is considered the most dynamic and technified activity. It also stands out from other creations for the results achieved, not only in productivity and volume of slaughter, but also in economic and social performance, whose contribution has been significant for the Brazilian economy.
The Brazilian poultry industry is not limited to the production of chicken meat, but includes from the planning, the production of matrices, eggs, production of chicks, management and fattening of the chicken, until the processing and commercialization of the final products. In addition, this activity has supported the development of other large productive sectors, such as the production of rations and medicines, as well as machines and equipment for the production and processing of meat.
An important segment within the poultry chain is the production of chicks for cuttin which together with the production of matrices, give support so that the later stages can develop safely.
Alvorada Group has its important participation in the Brazilian and international market based on the production of fertile eggs and day-old chicks. For the satisfactory accomplishment of our activity we look for the introduction of new and modern technologies, besides the improvement of existing production techniques, aiming at the standardization of processes in general.
Partnership and Genetics In partnership with Cobb-Vantress, the Alvorada Group has in Água Clara, in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, one of the largest poultry farms in Latin America. Through this partnership the origin of the matrices of a day is guaranteed, preserving the quality and continuity in the verticalized production process.
Infrastructure Alvorada Group has several production complexes, ranging from the recreated matrix, the production of fertile eggs, hatcheries and commercialization,as well as the production of ration for all its complex. Part of this complex is a feed facility with a production capacity of forty tons per hour, twelve rearing cores, twenty-four production cores, three hatcheries, one shaving facility, as well as all the logistical and administrative support infrastructure for a housing of 2 million matrices per year.
CRITERIA THAT DIFFERENTIATE THE ALVORADA GROUP IN THE POULTRY:
- Biosecurity – differentiable factor within the company, by the criteria of very rigorous visits, isolation between cores, baths of access to the farms and factories, exchanges of clothes, employees without contact with birds in their homes, protection fences on farms, antirate fences in all breeding sites and also in the shaving facility and ration factories. The disinfection of vehicles, equipment, materials and tools that enter our farms also has a very special attention to avoid possible sources of contamination.
- Classification of eggs – After the collection is made the classification, fumigation and adequate storage of all eggs. On the same day the eggs arrive at the hatcheries and are classified the next day by weight and age of the matrices for later commercialization or incubation. Eggs that have irregularities are disapproved for incubation or sale.
- Egg collection – Eight to ten eggs are collected daily at a frenquencily of one hour. After collection and classification into categories, the eggs are stored in an air-conditioned environment until transportation to hatcheries with special trucks at a temperature of 20º to 22ºC.
- Storage – The stocking of eggs before the commercial destination for the internal market, external or own incubation is very important for the quality of the same, so the Alvorada Group has an automated air conditioning system in stock rooms, thus avoiding embryonic mortalities.
- Vaccination in egg – A technique widely used in modern hatcheries in the world occurs in the transfer of eggs from the incubators to the hatchers. The eggs pass through the egg-laying. (withdrawal of the infertile eggs) and subsequent vaccination in ovo with eighteen days of incubation. This technique ensures a higher percentage of vaccine efficiency for chicks at birth. The Alvorada Group is the pioneer in in ovo vaccination, a demonstration that has always maintained a great concern with the quality of its product. This vaccination system ensures the bird is sure to be vaccinated, not taking risks in the field. This poultry technology follows the concept of effective productivity.
- Acclimatization of incubators – Alvorada Group invested in the total air conditioning project of the two hatcheries to always provide the best in terms of quality, satisfaction and excellence of the final product.
- Composting – The residues of the Incubators are submitted to an innovative composting system in Brazil, transforming such residues into high quality fertilizer. • Transport of eggs and chicks – The delivery of the chicks and the eggs is made according to the specifications of the customers, which establish the volume and the type of animal that they need. For transportation are used air-conditioned trucks, previously disinfected and inspected before each trip.
- System everything inside everything outside – Innovative system inside the company is the creation of matrices recreates in the same farm where the production will take place. This provides more sanitary security, since we do not need to transport the birds by vicinal roads in the act of transfer between the two phases. Transfers occur within the farms themselves that are adapted for rearing and production in a separate system.
- Quality control – Each production sector follows all the control points, which guide the employees in the correct accomplishment of their task. Biosecurity is present in all production units. Routine monitoring occurs according to the PNSA.
- Technical support – The Alvorada Group has as a differential the post-sale allied to SAC – Customer Service – via telephone and e-mail. This work aims to guarantee the quality control, which with the division into lots makes possible the traceability of 100% of the production.
- Low poultry density area – The choice of place of installation of the units took into account areas of low poultry density, that is, areas where the risks of disease transmission are lower, since they do not have poultry farming properties around them.
- Own farms – In order to become more and more self-sustaining and to guarantee Biosecurity, Alvorada Group has the entire breeding system on farms owned by it.
- Automation of the Feed Facility – Our feed production units are home to the best in facility automation, with total control of traceability of raw materials and end products, which are ration for male and female matrices. All the ration is for own consumption, also guaranteeing greater sanitary control in every production process.
- Shaving Facility – We have own production of all the woodwork consumed in our farms, whether in the nests or in the bed of the aviaries.
- Animal welfare – All common management activities, criteria of density, movements and ambience to our birds are based on norms, to provide a comfortable state of creation, thus providing stress-free conditions and natural balance to animals.
Of all these factors derives the excellence of the Alvorada Group in the aviary sector. A company concerned with offering the best product and meeting all the expectations of the customers. With skilled professionals and cutting-edge posture Grupo Alvorada is always updating itself to grow and ensure the best for clients and employees.
Nowadays in the Alvorada Group, the production of eucalyptus has a great prominence. This new segment is conect to the production of wood for Cellulose and Energy. Besides this finalities, part of the wood is direc to the production of shaving, which is used as a forage of services and also serves as a sanitary barrier, protecting them from the external agents that could harm the health and the development of the birds.
The development cycle of eucalyptus production usually lasts from 5 to 6 years, depending on the date of destination.
Generally the Alvorada Group seeks uniformity in the plantations, adapting specific clones for certain types of soil, to maximize wood production compared to seedlings grown from seed.
The success in the formation of forests with high productivity depends directly on the quality of the seedlings, they must present characteristics that allow their resistance to the adverse conditions found in the field after planting, to produce trees with the economically desirable volumetric growth
The Alvorada Group has its own implements, machines and equipment, used in the production process from the preparation of the soil, implantation and harvesting until the removal of the wood.
Strict compliance with legislation is also part of all our procedures, to ensure that legal requirements, both operationally and in terms of occupational safety, are respected.
Corn is the main ingredient in the poultry diet, accounting for 70% (seventy percent) of the costs of production. For this reason, part of the corn that Alvorada Group consumes in the Ration Facility, is produced in agricultural units of the company itself.
The company considers the quality of maize as extremely important, since it can significantly affect production costs, zootechnical performance and egg quality.
It also considers that the composition of the maize can be influenced by the soil type, fertilization, climatic conditions, type of hybrid, besides the physical, chemical and microbiological contamination, that will affect its nutritional composition. Therefore, for corn to enter the facility, it must follow a quality control plan.
The drying process of the production is also done in the Ration Facility itself as the most appropriate procedure to prevent microtoxins after harvest.
Thus, all those involved in the process must know the importance of good practices in each stage aiming at the best zootechnical and economic result of animal production, impacting significantly on the costs of production and performance of the animals. The use of enzymes attached to these tools, which contribute in a safe and efficient way to better use and use corn, lead to safety in formulations and consequently lower production cost.